Intro to Crochet Class Part I and II
Have you wanted to learn to crochet but did not know where to start? In two interactive workshops at Elden Street Tea Shop’s Introduction to Crochet, you will learn how to:
• Hold a crochet hook and manage yarn tension.
• Read a yarn label to select and care for the yarn used in a crochet project.
• Create the three most used crochet stitches: single crochet, double crochet, half-double crochet.
• Read a written crochet pattern in either US or UK terminology.
• Select the best crochet hook for your hands.
• Avoid repetitive strain injuries and develop good ergonomic habits.
• Assemble a basic crochet toolkit.
• Make and complete a simple and eco-friendly dishcloth by the end of the second session.
• Two Saturdays March 24, 2019 and March 31, 2019 from 12:30 to 2:30pm.
o Workshop consists of two sessions; to learn crochet basics, you must attend both sessions.
• Cost: $ plus the items on the Supply List, which you will purchase before attending the workshop.
• One crochet hook, 5 mm (US size H-8).
o Purchase an inexpensive, steel crochet hook (Loops & Threads, Bates, or Boye) as a beginner crochet hook. Available at Michaels or Jo-Ann.
• One skein of Lily Sugar and Cream 100% cotton yarn, any color (solid or stripe).
o Available at Michaels or Jo-Ann in 2 ounce or 2.5 ounce sizes.
• One large eye, blunt-ended needle.
o To weave in the yarn tails of the dishcloth you will make in the workshop.