1. Tea is better for your overall health; the high levels of antioxidants found in tea help prevent against diseases and delay cell damage.
2. No more sleepless nights! Tea contains less, and sometimes no, caffeine than coffee. Which means it will not stimulate your mind and body as much as a cup of coffee would; equaling a more restful night’s sleep.
3. Stay hydrated! Tea has the advantage, over coffee, of being pure water with added flavor. Tea also contains less caffeine, a natural dehydrator, than coffee.
4. Keep your bones healthy; tea contains high levels of a chemical called catechin. Catechins are natural antioxidants and help promote bone growth.
5. Resist depression; green tea contains a micro-nutrient called polyphenols that act as a natural antidepressant.
Rachel Eisenfeld is the owner of Elden Street Tea Shop. She is a fan of Pu'er (poo-air) teas, refreshing and subtle white teas, and any tea mixed with bourbon. Rachel has been to many tea houses on the East Coast, Ireland, and San Franscico. She enjoys learning about the chemical process of making tea and international tea culture. During good times and bad, tea warms the soul.